TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY AND SALE FOR THE ART SHOW
By submitting your works artists enter into an agreement with the Rotary Club of Bendigo Inc (the Organiser) to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Each art work must be the original uncopied work of the exhibitor who must be a resident of Australia.
- Each art work will be for sale at the price nominated by the artist on the entry form. Artist’s must remember to include GST where applicable.
- All entries must be made through the Gallery 247 on-line art and art show management system. If you have difficulties with the on-line registration or entry to the Art Show, ask for help from the help desk (email@example.com).
- Types, numbers and sizes of art works must conform to the “Acceptable Art Works" section of this website.
- All entries will undergo a Pre-Selection Process. The Organisers reserve the right to not accept a work of art and to limit the number of exhibits.
Dates - The key date related conditions are as follows:
- Art works will only be considered if they are submitted by the Closing Date for Initial Submissions as detailed on the Key Dates section of this Website.
- Accepted art works (Physical art show only) must be delivered to the Art Show venue during the dates and times set aside for Delivery as detailed on the Key Dates section of this Website. No late works will be displayed.
- All art works must remain on display for the full duration of the Art Show
- All art works must be collected from the Art Show venue during the designated Collection times as detailed in the Key Dates section of this Website.
Fees and commissions:
- An entry fee, as detailed in the Fees and Commissions section of this Website, will be charged for each art work on acceptance into the show. This applies to both Physical and Virtual entries.
- A commission, detailed in the Fees and Commissions section of this website, will be deducted from the catalogue price if the work is sold.
- Accepted entries will also be subject to Gallery 247's Terms and Conditions. It is important to note that Gallery 247 has a returns policy for buyers. You can view the 7 days money back guarantee here.
- Entries for the Virtual Show will not be eligible for any Art Show award
- Selling prices for art work entered for online sales in the Virtual Show must also list the relevant freight costs (Local Area, Within Australia, and optionally Outside Australia), which is the cost of shipping the sold artwork to the buyer. Estimates of delivery costs can be sought from your nearest Pack & Send agency and are Gallery 247’s preferred shipping supplier.
- The artist acknowledges that a buyer will pay the price of the artwork plus the cost of shipping. Artists need to ensure the shipping cost is accurate, as neither Bendigo Art Show, the buyer, nor Gallery 247 will be responsible for errors in shipping costs made by the artist.
- Gallery 247 will notify artists of any sale and will send artists details of the buyer. It is the responsibility of the artist to arrange shipping/delivery.
- Artists need to pay for the shipping costs upfront and then funds (price minus commission plus the shipping costs as set out on your Gallery 247 details) will be transferred via electronic transfer to the artists nominated bank account by Gallery 247.
- It is the artists’ responsibility to ensure suitable insurance covers be enacted to cover shipping.
- Prizes will be awarded in designated categories detailed on the Prizes section of the this website.
- Prizes are at the sole discretion of the Organisers and/or the appointed Judge. The Judge’s decision is final.
- The Organisers and / or the Judge may decide not to award a prize in a given category for a given year depending on the quality or number of works exhibited.
- The Committee may arrange for, and the exhibitor permit, the publication and sale to the public of a catalogue containing all entries accepted and the names and other particulars of the exhibitors, but the Committee does not accept any responsibility for error, wrong description, omission, or any other defect in the publication of such catalogue.
- The proceeds of sale of the catalogues are exclusively those of the Committee, to be applied by it in defraying the expenses of the exhibition and for charitable purposes.
- The organisers will arrange insurance cover of all works for the duration of the exhibition only.
- It is recommended that each Artist arrange his/her insurance to cover loss or damage not covered by the above policy, including transit.
- Artists accept responsibility for freight and other charges incurred in the delivery or return of an entry.
- Artist’s are responsible for keeping their mobile, email address, GST and EFT payment details up to date on the online system to ensure they receive updates before, during and after the Show, and the appropriate payment for sold artworks.
The Artist permits photography, filming and other reproduction of their works for the promotion of the exhibition and sales that may include publication in any form of media.